Hello everybody! I hope that you have had a great 2012 so far!
I have read many blog posts, newspaper articles, how-to’s and other things related to New Year resolutions or vows over several years now, and the general theme in them is that it’s difficult to achieve your goals, and that you probably didn’t achieve them last year. Whether it’s losing weight, getting stronger/more fit, saving up money or spending less, these are things that are difficult to do, and require dedication and a proper plan to succeed with.
I tried making New Year vows last year for the first time, but forgot all about it almost right away. The thing is that making a resolution for what you are going to do for the rest of the year is quite difficult, especially if there are multiple items on that list. And you really need to get started right away with the things that you want to achieve, unless you want to forget about it and just have a few things as “dreams”. If you don’t get started right away, and at least do something, anything at all, chances are that you won’t get started at all. So if you want to start becoming more flexible (something I want) then start stretching every day. Don’t go to bed unless you have done it.
This year I am not going to make any resolutions at all! But that doesn’t mean that I don’t have any goals for 2012, on a personal level. There are loads of things that I want to do, and loads of things that I have already planned for this year, but that’s what they are. Plans and goals. Things that I need to get started with right away! So I’m not going to call them resolutions or anything like that, but instead push myself to achieve as much as possible this year instead.
So this year, I am going to set up a few new goals to work towards;
- Get married.
- Finally take my drivers license
- Get more familiar with Russian
- Practice the other languages I know more often, especially Hindi, Vietnamese and Japanese
- Get to a B2 level (or higher) in my Hindi, both speaking and understanding
- Become flexible and start with martial arts again.
- Reach my goal weight of 65 kg. (Through working out and subsequently eating more.)
- Get my own company up and running. (The first stages are already in place.)
- Take my story writing and filming to a new level. If possible, create a short film by the end of the year based on a self written story. (I have started a rough layout for a story/film idea.)
So, these are a few of my goals this year. I will keep you updated on how I progress, throughout the year. 2012 is going to be an interesting year for sure. There are going to be so many new things and experiences. I really look forward to seeing how everything turns out.
What are your goals for 2012 going to be? Have you already gotten started with something? Let me know!